One and Two Day Passes
Members of the Scouting family and friends are welcome at the Walter Scott Summit Center at The Summit Bechtel Reserve to experience Scouting’s newest adventure and educational venue.
Summit Visitors Passes
The Walter Scott Summit Center is the 100-acre adventure and educational hub of The Bechtel Summit. Visitors will enjoy the various action and adventure sports activities located at Action Point and Boulder Cove as well as the educational opportunities at the Sustainability Treehouse, the wetlands along the John Gottschalk Boardwalk, and CONSOL Energy Bridge.
The Bechtel Summit will be open to visitors from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays beginning June 13, 2014 through August 16, 2014. You can purchase one-day and two-day (consecutive days only) passess. All visitors must present a signed waiver. Waivers for minors (under 18) must also be signed by their parent or legal guardian.
Please review the PLANNING YOUR VISIT document for full information about visiting The Bechtel Summit.
For area information such as lodging, dining and activities, please visit any of these helpful sites:
WHICH PASS IS BEST FOR ME?
OPTION 1: SUMMIT CENTER VISITORS PASS
The Summit Center Visitors Pass gives you access to Scott Summit Center and is perfect for those accompanying ACTION PASS guests who do not want to participate in the action and adventure sports activities or for those who simply want to enjoy the natural beauty of The Summit. VISITOR PASS holders may access SCOTT SUMMIT CENTER, ACTION POINT and BOULDER COVE to observe activities as well as have full access to the venues listed below.
Scott Summit Center
- Sustainability Treehouse – a five story treehouse highlighting the principles of living a sustainable lifestyle
- John Gottschalk Boardwalk and Goodrich Lake Wetlands
- Scott Visitors Center – home of the Summit Trading Post and Guest Services
- CONSOL Energy Bridge – check out the winged bridge with observation decks above and below deck
- Action Point Hiking Trail – take a walk through the scenic forest surrounding Action Point. This trail also provides a close-up view of the Jared Harvey Mountain Bike Trails, the Action Point Canopy Tours and a great view of CONSOL Energy Bridge from below.
- Special programs and entertainment opportunities vary by date.
OPTION 2: SUMMIT CENTER ACTION PASS
The Summit Center Action Pass gives you full access to the Summit Center Visitors Pass venues plus these additional activities. Please note that some activities have age and weight guidelines. All equipment for these activities will be provided. Personal equipment will not be permitted. Activities designated by * are for guests age 11+. For a full list of restrictions, please read the Planning Your Visit guide.
Scott Summit Center
- Summit Center Zip Lines*
- Action Point Canopy Tours* – a series of zip lines through the tree canopy
- Action Point Challenge Courses* – a series of high ropes problems to solve
- Action Point Skate Plaza – our Action Point skateboard park
- Action Point BMX Tracks – two BMX race tracks
- Harvey Mountain Bike Trails – short trails introduce the sport of mountain biking
- Duck Shoot – knock over the ducks on this arcade-style shooting game
- Archery Range
- Sporting Arrows* – trap shooting with a bow and arrow
- Climbing* – routes from 5.5 to 5.11 difficulty
*Available to participants who are 11+ years old